paisley

Friday, July 8, 2011

Fireworks, boat rides and swimming pools.....that's the 4th of July

For the past few years we have been going to Lake Blackshear for the 4th of July.  Mandy's parents have had a lake house there as long as I can remember and then within the past 10 years they redid the house and made it their permanent residence.  To say the least.....it's heavenly.  The house and lake hold so many memories for me and I am so glad that Daniel and Carson are here to share the memories now.  Lake Blackshear is in South GA and it represents all things southern!  Country music, smoked sausage, ice cold beer, boat rides, jet skis and good southern hospitality.



To say that it's simple would be an understatement....and I mean that in the best possible way.  You see when you're there your biggest concern is should you wear your flip flops or not.....or did you put on sunscreen. 


Yes, I know....entirely to much sun for me!


Last year Carson wasn't real keen when we ventured out on the boat.  This year she laughed and giggled and looked over in the water the whole time and thoroughly enjoyed it.  She also discovered she loves fishing!  Well that is great news for Daniel....now he has a fishing partner!!  I love that she appears to be a girly girl and then she'll surprise you with a love of fishing or digging in the dirt in the backyard.

Tired girl but she was having so much fun~

One of my favorite photos


No comments:

Post a Comment